Orsett’s Breakfast Club is based in the school hall, where we have on average 10–12 children daily. It was set up in April 2023 after many requests from parents. It is run by Mrs Belton, Mr Geraghty-Hyde and Mr Capper. All our staff have Level 2 safeguarding training, first aid and work for the school.
The children also have a good choice of a structured healthy breakfast, this consists of:-
- Toast – with choice of Jam, honey, butter
- Assorted juices and occasionally tea and hot chocolate!
We ensure children feel safe, relaxed and ready to learn enabling parents to feel confident that their children are prepared for their day ahead. Weather permitting children can participate in outdoor games and activities or they may choose to stay indoors where they can catch up with homework, play board games, build towers with the stacking cups or just sit quietly to read.
Due to rising costs, the cost for Breakfast Club from September 2023 is £5 per day per child. Siblings can come at the reduced cost of £4 a day. From September 2023 the school will also be accepting Eden Red child care vouchers for Breakfast Club. Places are booked through School Money – more information can be found in the TABs section below
The timings for arrival and breakfast serving times are below.
- 7.30am – 7.45am – arrival and breakfast served.
- 7.45am – breakfast club doors close and children may not be admitted
- 7.45 am onwards – free play ~ football, board games, computers, reading, colouring & outside play
- 8.35am children go to their classrooms for registration
Staff who run breakfast Club:
Downloads for Breakfast Club